sábado, 13 de octubre de 2007

Canciones cognitivistas, a ver quien las traduce.

RATIONAL HUMOROUS SONGS by Albert Ellis, Ph.D. WHINE, WHINE, WHINE! (Yale Whiffenpoof Song by Guy Scull a Harvard Man) I cannot have all of my wishes filled Whine, whine, whine! I cannot have every frustration stilled Whine, whine, whine! Life really owes me the things that I miss, Fate has to grant me eternal bliss! And since I must settle for less than this Whine, whine, whine! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PERFECT RATIONALITY (Funiculi, Funiculi by Luigi Denza) Some think the world must have a right direction, And so do I! And so do I! Some think that, with the slightest imperfection, They can't get by and so do I! For I, I have to prove I'm superhuman, And better far than people are! To show I have miraculous acumen And always rate among the Great! Perfect, perfect rationality Is, of course the only thing for me! How can I ever think of being If I must live fallibly? Rationality must be a perfect thing for me! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I LOVE YOU UNDULY (I Love You Truly by Carrie Jacobs Bond) I love you unduly, unduly, dear! Just like a coolie, I persevere! when you are lazy and act like a bore, I am so crazy, I love you more! I love you truly, truly, dear! Very unduly and with no cheer! Though you're unruly and rip up my gut, I love you trulyCfor I'm a nut! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MY SWEET LITTLE LOUSY BLUE MOOD (Alice Blue Gown by Harry Tierney) Oh, my sweet little lousy blue mood, Though you shake me and make me unglued, I just never intend To relax and unbend I refresh on depression And make it my friend! I refuse to be able to choose To stop sighing and crying the blues, But am gladly withdrawn to And madly hang on to My sweet little lousy blue mood! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WHEN I AM SO BLUE (The Beautiful Blue Danube by Johann Strauss, Jr.) When I am so blue, so blue, so blue, I sit and I stew, I stew, I stew! I deem it so awfully horrible That my life is rough and scarable! Whenever my blues are verifies, I make myself doubly terrified, For I never choose to refuse To be blue about my blues! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I AM JUST A LOVE SLOB! (Annie Laurie by Lady Scott) Oh, I am just a love slob, Who needs to have you say That you'll be truly for me Forever and a day! If you won't guarantee Forever mine to be, I shall whine and scream and make life stormy, And then la-ay me doon and dee! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OH, MISERY I LOVE YOU! (Rose Marie by Rudolf Friml from Rose Marie) Oh, misery I love you! I'm always dreaming of you! If I should run and give you unemployment, Then I might slyly have to try enjoyment! Although my cares will flourish Unless I wake and shake you free, I always strive to keep alive and nourish My beautiful misery! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BEAUTIFUL HANGUP (Beautiful Dreamer by Stephen Foster) Beautiful hangup, why should we part When we have shared our whole lives from the start? We are so used to taking course, Oh, what a crime it would be to divorce! Beautiful hangup, don't go away! who will befriend me if you do not stay? though you still make me look like a jerk, Living without you would take so much work! Living without you would take too much work! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'M DEPRESSED, DEPRESSED! (The Band Played On by Charles B. Ward) When anything slightly goes wrong with my life, I'm depressed, depressed! Whenever I'm stricken with chickenshit strife, I feel most distressed! When life isn't fated to be consecrated I can't tolerate it at all! When anything slightly goes wrong with my life, I just bawl, bawl, bawl! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LOVE ME, LOVE ME, ONLY ME! (Yankee Doodle) Love me, love me, only me Or I'll die without you! Make your love a guarantee, So I can never doubt you! Love me, Love me totally really, really try dear. but if you demand love, too, I'll hate you till I die, dear! Love me, love me all the time, Thoroughly and wholly! Life turns into slushy slime Less you love me solely! Love me with great tenderness, With no ifs or buts dear. If you love me somewhat less, I'll hate your goddamned guts, dear! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GLORY, GLORY HALLELUJAH! (Battle Hymn of the Republic) Mine eyes have seen the glory of relationships that glow And then falter by the wayside as love passions come and go! I've heard of great romances where there is no slightest lull But I am skeptical! Glory, glory hallelujah! People love ya till they screw ya! If you'd cushion how they do ya, Then don't expect they won't! Glory, glory hallelujah! People cheer ya then pooh-pooh ya! If you'd soften how they screw ya, Then don't expect they won't! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LET'S LEAVE THE OLD FOLKS AT HOME! (Old Folks at Home by Stephen Foster) Let us suppose my goddamned Mother Filled me with pap. I listened and I let her smother And carry on her crap! Let us suppose my crazy father called me a shit. I heard it and I let it bother And I still do my bit! Sure my childhood was confining Full of lousy strokes. Now I am still depressed and whining Far from my goddamned folks! Though my past was rather stinking, I'm now free to roam. So let me change my nutty thinking And leave the old folks at home! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MAYBE I'LL MOVE MY ASS (After the Ball by Charles K. Harris) After you make things easy And you provide the gas; After you squeeze and please me, Maybe I'll move my ass! Make my life nice and breezy, Fill it with sassafras! And possibly, if things are easy, I'll move my ass! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I WISH I WERE NOT CRAZY (Dixie by Dan Emmett) Oh, how I wish I were really put together Smooth and fine as patent leather! Oh, how great to be rated innately sedate! But I'm afraid that I was fated To be rather aberrated Oh, how sad to be mad as my Mom and my Dad! Oh, I wish I were not crazy! Hooray! Hooray! I wish my mind were less inclined To be the kind that's hazy! I could agree to really be less crazy. But I, alas, am just too goddamned lazy! Song lyrics by Albert Ellis, copyright 1977-1985 by the Institute for Rational-Emotive Therapy.
_________________

No hay comentarios: